Re: Smp kernel on up machine???

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:04:08AM -0800, Gabe E. Nydick wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there has been testing of using an SMP kernel on a UP
> machine and if that is bad?  I have an ext3 filesystem that keeps getting
> corrupt.  Certain directories only get I/O errors, trying to access beyond
> the end of the device.

I'm not sure if this counts, but I have a client who is using an IBM
Intellistation M Pro with only one of its two 400MHz processors. She will
be getting another one soon, and in anticipation of that I compiled SMP
into her kernel. It works fine; it has not crashed once in the two months
she has been using it.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar attglobal net)