Re: root ext3 gets fsck'ed after crash

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Joe Krahn wrote:

> > Did you compile ext3 as a module, and/or you are using an initrd?  That
> > is the most common cause for mounting the root as ext2.
> >
> This is on a plain, redhat-compiled kernel, which has ext3 as a
> module. No initrd, using GRUB bootloader.

There be your problem, I think. If ext3 is a module, you need to have
initrd load it. I'm assuming this is RH 7.2 (since i dont think other
versions came with ext3) and you did ext3 during the install it should
have made the proper initrd for you. I'm not sure. If not just create it
and add it to grub.

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               mhaque haque net

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Developer/Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://www.themes.org/
                                               batmanppc themes org