Re: external journal device

Toby Bluhm wrote:

I'm trying to setup an external journal device, but it won't mount as
ext3. I can only mount it as ext2. Everything seems happy when I run the
commands. It will work when I don't use the external device. This is on
RH7.2, linux-2.4.18-rc2.

[root dhcp4 root]# mke2fs -O journal_dev /dev/hdb5 [root dhcp4 root]# mke2fs -j -J device=/dev/hdb5 /dev/hdb6

[root dhcp4 root]# mount -t ext3 /dev/hdb6 /home
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb6,
       or too many mounted file systems

Hi,

Maybe your e2fsprogs is not up to date. It is OK for me
with 1.25.

Liu