Re: memory fault..

"Steven N. Hirsch" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Abhishek Kaul wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am facing a strange problem with RH7.2.
> >
> > sometimes when i su to root and then exit , the command is successful
> > but it shows a message as memoery fault n sometimes segmentation fault.
>
> Does the problem go away if you do
>
> $ unset DISPLAY
>
> at the shell prompt before the su operation?  I've seen similar
> misbehavior on one of my systems and tracked it down to this.

This problem is more of sporadic type rather a regular one.
anyway i tried giving unset DISPLAY and  havnt seen any memory faults since.

what is the reason for this ?

Abhi

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.