redhat config file for kernel-2.4.17

Hi...

I am  new to Linux (a few days), and I can't get to boot with a new
compiled kernel (2.4.17).  I wonder if any one has a copy of a
successful config file?  I get errors with regard to the number of
cpu's, ext3, journaling, and others... For now I am (naively) assuming
that I have a problem with a combination of settings in the config
file.)

Regards...

Miguel.

--
---
my opinions are mine, only mine, solely mine, and they are not related