Re: Change defaults to data=journal on /

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:26:30PM -0800, Gabe E. Nydick wrote:
> How come if I install a fresh redhat 7.2 system and change fstab from
> defaults to data=journal for the / file system, it breaks everything?

I believe because the journalling mode is being changed when / is
re-mounted, and that is not allowed.

You have to ensure that it is mounted as data=journal in the first place.
This needs to be changed in the initrd.  If you have an up-to-date mkinitrd,
then you should be able to modify /etc/fstab, then re-run mkinitrd.

I haven't tried this (and I just broke my laptop a few minutes ago) ...
Would someone please confirm?

Regards,

   Bill Rugolsky