Re: Ext3 vs. Reiser?

I've done Squid benchmarks, which the benchmark software license prohibits publishing...But the short of it is that ReiserFS is still about 15% faster for Squid workloads than the ext[2|3] family. ext3 in writeback mode actually seems to weather the load better than ext2 for some reason though peak throughput is about the same (i.e. the Squid process doesn't become hopelessly overloaded as quickly, but the point at which it begins to degrade is roughly the same).