Re: Ext3 vs. Reiser?

The software (Polygraph, to be specific) is free...So I can't complain one little bit, now can I? ;-)

Publication of controlled environment results is where they make their money--and how they keep the results honest. Really they're very reasonable, and I'll probably be able to publish some of the results as part of an overall Squid benchmarking project--the guys involved are very Open Source sympathetic (and two of them have been contributors to Squid for years).