Re: Major problems

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 09:37:44PM +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> There's not enough information here for us to have any hope of
> diagnosing it accurately.  What sort of IO errors were you getting?
> -EIO errors returned to the application, or IO errors from device
> drivers in the kernel console?

No, nothing like that. Whenever I tried accessing an affected file, I would
get something like this:

foo: Input/output error.

I never got errors of any kind to the console, just to stderr. This is why
I suspect it might be a filesystem problem, rather than a physical disk
problem.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar attglobal net)