Re: Major problems

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 01:13:42PM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> Try booting for a rescue floppy, and then run badblocks on the disk.
> If you see media errors reported in that case, then you'll know what's
> up.

I tried that, but still a no-go. Basically, running fsck two or three times
will clear all the errors except for the I/O errors, but upon reboot all
the errors are back in full force. Doing an fsync(2) a few times without
rebooting won't create the errors, though.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar attglobal net)