Re: Should fs_passno in /etc/fstab be always set to 0

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:51:41PM +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> I couldn't find any explanation as to what a *full* fsck is, under what
> conditions would it be triggered. Can one force it manually ?

fsck -f

> Is there any back of envelope calculation to estimate the time it would
> take on x GB of disk with Y MB of journal data or maybe there is some
> other dependency on block size and number of inodes on the system etc

Full fsck time has basically no dependency on the journal size: it
depends on the filesystem size.  Recovery has basically no dependency
on the filesystem size: it depends on the journal size.  Journals are
much smaller than filesystems, which is why recovery is faster than a
full fsck!