Re: is EXT3 data=journal, 2K block size, 2.5 series kernel stable?

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>>
>> A while back, after 2.5.6, there were various changes made to the
>> kernel that resulted in some instability with journaled data on ext3
>> filesystems, as well as small issues with my 2k block size file
>> systems.
>>
>> Can someone (say, Andrew Morton ;) comment on the stability of the
>> current release with this sort of configuration?
>>
>> If it's not full of known bugs then I will give it another shot, but
>> I don't want to waste time finding out that it's still known to be
>> broken myself. :)
>
> Nope.  data=journal is bust on 2.5.  It's also bust on 2.4, for
> the same reason.

Right, thanks.

[...]

> I think Stephen and I agreed on the way to fix it last week,
> but I haven't got onto coding it yet.  Probably next week.

When the fixes are in, then, I will check it out. Using writeback mode
should be fine, though, so I will probably switch over to that for the
moment.

[...]

> But the 2k blocksize shouldn't be an issue.

Good to know. I thought that was still the case. :)

        Daniel

--
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
        -- Satchell Page