Re: Changing journaling mode on root / loop-aes

List members:

	I have now performed and analyzed the following things, and am
still not able to boot with root in data=journal mode.

	(a) It ought be pointed out that before I tried to get the root
to be able to boot up using data=journal logging, I was had an EXT3
root, and did boot fine in its default mode (which I understand is not
data=journal mode)

	(b) I also checked using /proc/mount, and it yielded far less
useful information than typing mount. It did show that all the
partitions were in fact mounted as "EXT3", even root.

	(c) I then made sure that /etc/fstab had the "data=journal"
option in the root partition entry. Then I verified that
"rootflags=data=journal" was placed in the /etc/grub/grub.conf file
properly, and rebooted. However, the same result occurred the "03:06"
boot error...AGAIN!?! ARGH!!!

	I am not trying to call into question the integrity of EXT3, but
this does not seem to work. And I must admit I am curious why the root
partition cannot be made to operate in data=journal mode just because I
choose to use an initrd?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart bh90210 net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Monday, July 08, 2002 11:34 AM