chattr +j

Hi list,

I just noticed in the chattr(1) man page that there exists a 'j'
attribute which actually does the same thing that data=journal mount
option would do, expect it only sets this property on the directories of
my choice.

Big Thanks to the one that came up with that idea :) It allows me to set
+j on mail queues that must sit on the same partitions as the rest of
the system (the guy installing a system insisted on everything on one
partition, sigh).

I kinda found this option by accident and havent seen mentioning it
around the net. It sure is very usefull ...

--

Jure Pecar