I hit a 2gb limit

I hit a 2gb limit that I can't explain. Problematic for backups.

 How can I make sure it's mounted as ext3 rather than ext2?

-----
Thank you for your time. (Please Type "REPLY:" in subject field if you wish to highlight your response, thx). PGP comms are available on request. My hushmail account is jago25_98 hushmail com