Re: Changing journaling mode on root / loop-aes

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:40:26AM -0700, Tener, Stuart B., IT3 , USNR-R wrote:

> 	I have now performed and analyzed the following things, and am
> still not able to boot with root in data=journal mode.

First thing --- why do you want to?  It's unlikely to be the desirable
thing for most users.

> 	(c) I then made sure that /etc/fstab had the "data=journal"
> option in the root partition entry. Then I verified that
> "rootflags=data=journal"

"rootflags=" won't do what you expect if you are using an initrd which
uses the new-style pivot-root mechanism for mounting the root fs.  For
such cases, you'd need to have the initrd pass the mount flag.