Re: ext3 device reported to be 100% full, but we do not know where? - solved

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:55:41PM +0200, Michael Hoennig wrote:

> ok, then at least lsof should report such files.  Actually I forgot
> something: Even after all processes holding this file handle, the storage
> was never freed, only after umount/mount!

Can you reproduce this?  In every case where this has been reported in
the past, the user has eventually discovered that there was indeed
some process somewhere holding a file open.  If a "df; umount; mount;
df" shows a reproducible disk space leak then there's an orphan leak
somewhere.