Re: ext3 orphaned inode list

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:37:03AM +0200, Jens-Uwe Katolla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> last fsck says my /tmp and my /home files system has errors, here is the
> log from fsck using the read-only option:
>
> How to recover from this savely?
> How to avoid this in future?

1.  Upgrade to the latest e2fsprogs.  There's been a number of
improvements in e2fsprogs especially with respect to journal handling
since 1.25.

2.  Errors when running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem don't
necessarily mean anything; neither do errors if you havne't run the
journal yet.  So don't try to run it on a mounted filesystem, and
don't try to do a read-only check if filesystem wasn't mounted
uncleanly.

						- Ted