Reading Files from Ext3 with No partion

I've Managed to over write my MBR and offcourse all my partions are gone (stupid me). i kept a backup of my MBR but silly me it's on the same disk that died.

i have a rescue disk is there any way i can read from /dev/hda and go through the whole disk (RAW DATA) searching for "mbr backup file" and then read it.

I am using EXT3 with slackware 8.1/RH 7.2

I am sorry my spelling is real bad

Thank you