Re: Backuo problem from ext3 file system

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 10:27:26PM +0530, Rajeesh Kumar wrote:
> I have backup problem of redhat 7.2 with ext3 file system.  I'm using dump for  backup.
> The problem is one of the filesystem (/proj)  Incremantal  backup is not happening.
> The command used is
> dump -u1a -f /dev/st0 /dev/md0
>
> Daily its taking the entire file system backup eventhough i tried incremental.
> This is happening only for /proj and  proj1 is working fine.

Have you done a level 0 backup on that filesystem at all?  If you use
dumplevel 1, dump will perform a dump of everything that has been
changed since the last level 0 dump (NOT since the last level 1).  If
you've never done a level 0, then every level 1 will be a full dump.

--Stephen