From: Andrew Morton [mailto:akpm zip com au]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 9:32 PM
To: Matti Aarnio
Cc: Rechenberg, Andrew; 'ext3-users redhat com';
'linux-raid vger kernel org'
Subject: Re: ext3 on Linux software RAID1

Matti Aarnio wrote:

> How much the problem lies in the gcc version (RH 7.1 2.96-97.1), and

A dog of a compiler.  Burn it.  I had a machine which oopsed
mysteriously once a day somewhere down playing with swapspace ptes.
Compiling that kernel with 2.91.66 fixed the problem.

Similarly, I was in correspondence with a person with a labful of
sporadically oopsing machines a while back.  Same deal.

Use 2.91.66 or 2.95

-