Re: RH7.2 journal creation

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 19:52, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> I've just been trying to reproduce this, and I can't.  With a
> brand-new root filesystem created by the 7.2 CDs, both e2fsprogs-1.25
> and 1.26 pass the fs as clean with no problems.

Hmmm....

> Can you elaborate a bit on what you've been seeing?

First fsck gives a
  Found invalid V2 @j @S fields (from V1 journal)

[copied the message from the e2fsprogs source hence the @j @S stuff]

The e2fsprogs I'm using is a 1.25 with an additional patch that Andreas,
Ted & I batted around (partially on this list) some months back.  I'll
pull a 1.26 vanilla and rerun those tests later today.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]