Corruption when no space left on device.

If I try to write to a file when the partition is full, the inode
seems to get a little corrupted.  For the inode I tried to write
to, i_blocks gets a wrong value.

I'm not sure if this is ext3 specific, it probably is the same
with ext2 or maybe even some other fs, I only tested it with
ext3.

One weird thing I noticed when I last tried it was that for some
time df said there was no free space left, and a little bit later
it said that there was 1 block free.

I'm using 2.4.18.

Kurt