Re: File size on 2.2

On Mar 14, 2002  16:45 -0300, Rodrigo Morais Araujo wrote:
> Hello guys, I have a question about ext3 on Linux 2.2:
> Are there the same file size limitation (2Gb) like with ext2?
> I tried google but I still with this question.

Yes, unless you have the ext3 LFS patches also (and LFS patches for the
rest of your system), or a vendor kernel which has them applied.
Please search for "ext3 LFS" and you should find a URL for the patches.
You also need a glibc and user tools which are compiled for LFS, so
that they can access files > 2GB.

Cheers, Andreas