Re: drbd + ext3 + interbase + data lost

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:12:59AM -0300, Jo?o Alfredo wrote:

> Yesterday, one of our customer's cluster(2 box) server goes down after a
> I/O error during the backup procedure. When we turn on the cluster
> again, the 600M database file have been lost, disapear.

What happended? Did the system perform a replay of the journal?

> After the crash we mount the disk's partition read-only just to see the
> damage. We tried debugfs but it didn't find any deleted file. The

Was the partition recovered during boottime?

> partition where the data was had only four files, two database files and
> two backup files. Now there is just 2 files, a test database and it
> backup file. The production database disapeared.
>
> Kernel: 2.2.19
> Ext3: 0.0.7a

Man, UPDATE!
Ext3 on 2.2.x isn't the smartest of ideas.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf Hildebrandt charite de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155