Re: Howto recovering an ext3 fs

Am 27.03.2002 um 11:30:17 -0300 schrieb jcarminati pluspetrol com ar folgendes:

> >You are sure you had ext3 before? Did mount tell you that? Did you do a
> >"cat /proc/mounts" ?
> Well,
> After inspecting a little more, I found this message while booting in init
> 3:
> "Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: mount: / not mounted
> already, bad option."
> So, I rebooted in RH's 'rescue mode', and modified my /etc/fstab, which
> looked like this:
> LABEL=/   /    ext3 data=writeback       1 1
> I supposed that 'data=writeback' was causing this error, I simply change
> that parameter for "defaults" and then the fs was correctly mounted in rw
> ext3.
> Where or how should I set 'data=writeback' ? I supposed that fstab was the
> right place.

In order to mount / other than data=ordered (the default) you need to
tell the kernel which data= mode you want as a boot option!

Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf Hildebrandt charite de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
Referat V A - Kommunikationsnetze -             Fax.  +49 (0)30-450 570-916
programmerseverywhere. JOLTCola--forallthesugarandtwicethecaffine(R).