ext3 waking hard disk

hi :)

when using ext3, i can't get my hard disks to go to standby mode
any more. i am using timeouts set by hdparm with 2.4.18 kernels.

even when i issue a standby command manually, the disk
spins up again after a few seconds.
however, (to my knowledge) no user space program accessed
this disk at that time.

i suspect ext3's journal to be causing the disk accesses.
is that possible?

sorry if this has already been discussed...

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Tali on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________