O_DIRECT support

Hello,

We have an application that does a huge amount of
disk i/o (mostly writes) and have hit performance
problems. It seems that the use of O_DIRECT would help
but information on the development status is hard
to come by.

I have checked 2.4.18 and 2.5 kernels and there seems to
be an interface but no actual implementation.

It has been suggested that it only works with ext2 but we
need ext3.

Could someone tell me what the actual position with it is?

Thanks.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard ntlworld com

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.