Re: Will stephen's defrag run in a ext3 partion correctly?

Hi,

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 02:02:50PM +0800, Ñî °×ÀÍ wrote:
> Will stephen's defrag run in a ext3 partion correctly?
> What about the performance?

I just got this question 4 times --- once would have been enough!

The old defrag should work if you have a 1k blocksize (which most
partitions will NOT have), as far as I know.  If the defrag is
interrupted for any reason, however, your filesystem will be toast.