Re: ext3 .journal location?

Hi,

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 06:15:24PM -0500, Steve and/or Judy Shaw wrote:

> Forgive my novice question, but I am a new student of Linux working on presenting the ext3 journaling filesystem to my class.  I seek any advice on how to visibly demonstrate (including a purposeful crash of a Linux box) the benefits of ext3 over ext2.

Doing a crash is pretty nearly the _only_ way to demonstrate ext3's
advantage.  The whole *point* of ext3 is to be as identical as
possible to ext2, but to add instant recovery after a crash!

If you want to see ext3 in action, you might want to have a look at
the "logdump" command in debugfs, which will show log records being
added live to your filesystem.