Using ext3 over NFS

hi all,
I have an application that runs on a diskless card. The application stores its data on the
flash and also as a backup on the filesystem of a workstation which is NFS mounted on
the card. Can I achieve data integrity/relaiability if I use ext3 on NFS filesystem in case of
power failure/card jackout? What about the data in the flash? What should be the ext3 filesystem
mode? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

saurav