Re: How To Fix Duplication Block Error?

After booted to rescue mode (system files are mounted to mnt/sysimage/), a 'shell' was created, then I used fsck /dev/sda1 and get message as the following:
sh-2.04# fsck /dev/sda1
parallelizing fsck version 1.19(13-Jul-2000)
e2fsck 1.19 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
/boot:clean, 27/14056 files, 5616/59196 blocks.

It seems the problem still exist, I guess it is because fsck didn't work on the system filesystems after they're mounted to /mnt, so i tried 'fsck /mnt' and 'fsck /mnt/sysimage/dev/sda1', but still failed. I was lost and totally confused. I want to get some helps from man files of fsck and e2fsck, but these files cannot do much helps. For a novel, Linux is quite difficult to follow with...

BTW, I hope I can get some hints on the usage and differences between fsck and e2fsck, I cannot get a satisfied answer after googled a whole night.

Thanks a lot......

You usually run fsck on partitions - not on directory paths. If your root partition is on /dev/hda1 - use the rescue mode on your Linux distribution and do

'fsck /dev/hda1' once you have booted into single user mode. The other
method is to plug in your corrupted hdd into a new machine - and ran fsck
on that machine itself; leaving the cd rescue mode + single user mode
things aside.