Re: resizing an ext3 partition

commence  Joshua Daniel Franklin quotation:

> I'm getting ready to add some memory to a server running RH7.3 with
> ext3. I'm going to need to add more space to the swap partition and
> so I'll also need to resize an ext3 partition. I've seen some posts
> by searching the list that the resize2fs should work fine, but the
> man pages don't mention anything about ext3. Version is: resize2fs
> 1.27 (8-Mar-2002)
>
> Has anyone actually done this, or should I turn off the journal and
> then put it back after resizing?

I've done this a few times with ext3 LVM volumes.  Worked great.  I
can't imagine the journal itself being an issue; it's just another
file, after all.

--
 /////////////////  |                  | The spark of a pin
<sneakums zork net> |  (require 'gnu)  | dropping, falling feather-like.