Re: fsck forced on every system crash

SCT> Run "mkinitrd -v" to check that the module is being inserted into the
SCT> initrd.  If it isn't, then your root filesystem is not marked as ext3
SCT> in /etc/fstab.

SCT> Then make sure that you rerun "lilo" (if you're using that) to pick up
SCT> the new initrd.

Ok, there's obviously something really dumb that I'm missing and I'll probably feel like an ass when someone points it out.  Oh well, here goes.  I executed the following:

$ mkinitrd -v -f initrd-2.4.7-10smp.img 2.4.7-10smp

It executes without a hitch and reports that ext3 has been loaded.  Then I run lilo and it too executes without a hitch.  Here is my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10smp
	label=Linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda1
	append="hdd=ide-scsi"

When I reboot and type "cat /proc/mounts" I still get "/dev/root / ext2 rw 0 0".  My /etc/fstab reads as follows:

/dev/hda1               /                       ext3    defaults	1 1
<deletia...>

Running lsmod tells me that the ext3 module is loaded, but I can't figure out how to mount / as ext3.  I've also tried converting back to ext2 then migrating again to ext3 but it still mounts / as ext2.  I don't really want to recompile the kernel since if I can't figure something this simple out, I'd be a madman to try replacing my kernel.  Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong in this whole process?  Thx...