Re: Journal size

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 11:40, David Schwartz wrote:

> On 28 May 2002 11:18:15 -0700, Jason Shelton wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to query the size of an existing journal? I have heard
> >a number of sizes thrown around as defaults, but I need to be able to
> >reliably get the exact journal size.
>
> 	You can use 'dumpe2fs' to get the journal's inode and then 'debugfs' to
> 'stat' the inode. Multiply the block count you get from the 'stat' command by
> the block size and there you go.
>
> 	DS

I tried that, but I must be missing something. I got from dumpe2fs that
the journal is in inode 8, but doing stat 8 in debugfs gives me an error
since stat expects a filename for an argument.

Any other ideas? I was kinda hoping there would be a simple command I
could run that would give me this info without having to calculate
anything.

Jason

Storix Software         info storix com (sales)
1-619-702-6500          support storix com (support)
1-877-STORIX-1 (US)     http://www.storix.com