Re: ext3 and secure deletion of files and file slack

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:29:45 +0100
Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf Hildebrandt charite de> wrote:

> I think there's a program called "wipe" doing what you want
>
> $ apt-cache search wipe
> sterilize - Secure (supposedly) file wipe utility.
> wipe - Secure file deletion

Thanks Ralf, I had a look at wipe. So far as I can tell from a
quick look, however, it works on files rather than on free space.
 There may be a way to make it deal with free space, but I was
attracted to secure_delete/sfill by its explicit support for that
task.

Regards,

Geoff