Re: Resize journal on root filesystem

> Add the tune2fs command to rc.sysinit before the root filesystem fsck is
> run, then reboot the machine remotely.

What I'd recommend is to create the ability for rc.sysinit to run a
one-shot script.  I.e.,

if [ -x /etc/rc.oneshot ] ; then
	. /etc/rc.oneshot
fi

Then in /etc/rc.oneshot, do something like this:

#!/bin/sh
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/hdXXXX
tune2fs -j -J size=XXX /dev/hdXXXX
rm -f /etc/rc.oneshot
reboot

After you make these sorts of changes to the root filesystem, even
though it's mounted read-only, you really do want to reboot
immediately.  Hence the need for doing it as a rc script that only is
run once.

						- Ted