Re: Periodic lockup problem with ext3

I have run into a similar lockup that I thought
was due to a 2.5 GB Quantum hard drive.
It does not seem to happen on a 550 MB
Maxtor or 1.6 GB Western Digital Caviar.

Symptom: a client is sending 500MB of
data in about 5000 files to a server which
is storing it immediately on an ext3 partition
using ordered data mode.  With the Quantum,
about halfway through the backup, the ability
to access data on the hard drive is gone.
any process that accesses the hard drive after
that appears to hang.

I have used the Quantum recently in a different
computer with the ext2 filesystem and this
never occurred.

The kernel is 2.4.19.

Are any other people seeing a lockup when
large amounts of data are written to an ext3

-- Tom B.

tbassel HybridServers com