assert in journal.c at line 1730

Hello,
 We are seeing this assert once in a while
on kernel 2.4.17. The problem seems to go
away with fsck version 1.27 but doesnt go
away with fsck version 1.22

I'd like to know if there's a known patch to
fix the issue (it seems that the buffer head
doesnt seem to have the bit for journalling
enabled and thats why it asserts there)

Under what conditions could this happen ?
I am not subscribed to this list so please
cc me on the replies.

thanks
Rajeev