Re: What will happen when disk(ext3) is full while i continue to operate files ?

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 02:11:14AM -0700, Seaman Hu wrote:
> Sorry. I probably didn't make it clear.
> My system is ok when first msg "EXT3-fs error (device
> sd(8,2)) in ext3_new_inode: error 28" appears.
> However, it will crash after millions of the same msg.
> Is there some kind of buffer full to cause the crash?

Ah, that's a known problem when you run out of inodes.  Ext3
incorrectly treated it as a full fs error.  That's been fixed in -ac,
ext3 CVS and the Red Hat kernels for a while, and it's in Marcelo's
post-2.4.19 tree.