Re: try gpart (was: Ext3 Partition lost)

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 01:42:04PM +0200, Gregor Zattler wrote:
> Hi Kostas,
> * Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf cha forthnet gr> [22. Sep. 2002]:
> > I am writting this message because i managed to loose an ext3 partition by
> > responding to a Norton Antivirus Alert .
>
> gpart is a cool tool which *g*esses partition infos.

And if that fails, are you using LILO for the Linux partitions?  If
so, and if you had LILO on the MBR, then you may be in luck --- LILO
keeps a backup of the boot sectors in /boot.  However, any changes to
the partition table since you *first* ran LILO on it will be lost if
you restore it that way.

--Stephen