Re: simple ext3fs question.

"Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct redhat com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 22:07, Parker Johnson wrote:
>
> > Does redhat 9 come with htree optimizations for ext3fs?
>
> No.  It was nowhere near stable enough in time.  Htree is looking much
> better now, though.

We're perhaps not out of the woods yet.  It may be something
unrelated, but...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 10 Apr 2003 00:25:48 +0200
From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah gentoo org>
To: Andrew Morton <akpm digeo com>
Cc: KML <linux-kernel vger kernel org>
Subject: Re: Slab corruption with ext3-handle-cache.patch

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 01:10, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Martin Schlemmer <azarah gentoo org> wrote:
> >
> > > Do you have CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL enabled?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> So we're leaving an inode on the orphan list.  I wonder why that started
> happening.  Thanks.

I moved all my data off that partition, removed it, and recreated it
without HTREE/dir_index, and moved everything back.  All issues are
resolved, as well as the weird corruption I had.

It seems thus that its only related to HTREE ...

Regards,

--

Martin Schlemmer