ext3 journal file size

HI ,

In my /var/  directory, I have a use file called ".journal" which takes about
30 Megs of space which is 98% of the file size.

Can i move it to some other directory and have a link to that? or
Can i refresh so that size gets reduced? or
Can i do some thing to reduce the size?

If the answer is yes for any of the question then please help me how to do that.

Thanks
Kandsen