Input/output error

Hi All,

About once a week, I get a this strange error on bash command line.
Running any command on the command line results in " Input/output
error". Only way to get back to normal operation is to hard reboot the
machine. I suspect this is something to do with my file system. I am
using RH7.3 with ext3 file system on IBM Travelstar drives.

I use dd to duplicate the drives. The source and the target drives are
identical (same make, model) .I am not sure, but I suspect this error
message comes up only on the duplicated drives. (I have never seen this
message on my desktop which has  a different drive).

Any pointers on what is causing this problem would be great

Thanks
Rahul