Re: Input/output error

I have the same input/output error on my dell server.  I emailed stephen c
tweedie and alan cox about it.  I believe its a hardware failure in my
case.  I had /var/log/ mounted to another disk not on the scsi card that
was causing problems, and the driver reported that it was unable to
contact the scsi card (or something like that).  so I will have to have
dell ship me out a new board.  You should try moving your /var/log to
another drive not on your scsi card and next time you get those errors,
look at /var/log/messages for clues.

			Adam