Re: Problem after system hang and reboot

Hallo again,

> a system here stopped because it had a hardware problem. We rebooted it
> and
> have now the following problem:
>
> The data disk /dev/hde1 is formatted as ext3. Obviously one of the inodes
> is
> bad and we get a lot of lines:
>   Truncating prphaned inode 8863987 (uid=0, gid=0, mode=0100644, size=742)
> when running fsck.

I don't know why this happend, but I fixed it by deleting the inode using
debugfs.
After this i run fsck twice on the partition to make sure that everything
ist fine,
and everything was fine. ;-)

Bye,
Jan

BTW: I'll resubscribe tomorrow using my normal account theofel etes de after
having our mailserver back in life...