freezeing the ext3 filesystem

Hi,

I discovered that SGI XFS for Linux har a utility called xfs_freeze,
which freezes the filsystem and makes sure that the filesystem is
consistant. It is a bit like a mount -o remount,ro but it does not fail
when applications have open files.

When we take snapshots of our XFS volume, we do "xfs_freeze -f /mnt/foo;
lvcreate -s /dev/vg_foo/bar /dev/vg_foo/bar-snapshot;xfs_freeze -u
/mnt/foo".

Is such a utility available for Ext3?

--
There are only 10 different kinds of people in the world,