Re: ext3 "noload" option to mount returning error in 2.4.9&2.4.18ser ies kernel

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 17:39, kuczynski, leslie wrote:
> I have an ext3 filesystem that I want to mount without loading the journal.
> I tried the "noload" option with both 2.4.9 and 2.4.18 series kernels and
> get the errors listed below.

"noload" is not supported on current kernels.

> Is my syntax incorrect?  What specifically is the noload option for.

It was in early ext3 versions for development reasons: it allowed the
user to create a new journal if the old one got corrupt, by ignoring the
old journal.  Now that fsck is fully journal-aware, that functionality
is deprecated.