Re: Priority list [was Re: Directory size expansion andcontraction in ext3]

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 06:02, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Ted,Stephen
> Would it be possible for you to elaborate what is currently on the
> priority list for ext3.

Stuff I'm doing right now includes reviewing the EA/ACL stuff for ext3
on 2.4, and working on fixing up O_DIRECT so that it's both (a) correct,
and (b) actually usable on ext3 for real work.

Getting 2.5's lock contention stuff fixed is another big one, as is
major stress-testing of the Orlov/htree code.

> Maybe Stephen's got some other performance/feature work lined up.

Longer term, definitely.  Ted has already started looking at alternative
on-disk allocation policies for metadata, and we both want to get extent
maps with 64-bit block pointers working.