Filesystem quotas and high load

Hello,

I've been watching the list for a few weeks and I've seen some users mention
problems using quotas on EXT3 under high loads (or high io).

I'm working on a new production server which will see some high io and
I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences using quotas.

Specifically, I'm looking for answers to:

 * Is the problem only with new (or old) style quotas
 * What were your system specs (smp/uni, ide/scsi, etc..)
 * What type of load was the box was under (was it only hammering the
     cpu, or was there heavy disk io)
 * Kind of problem experienced (crash, panic, fs corruption, journal
     corruption, inodes burst into flames)

Thanks -all.

- Eric